Community Garden and Outreach Programmer Job Posting
Community Garden & Outreach Programmer
Marpole Neighbourhood House (MNH) is currently seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual who is passionate about community gardens, food security and community engagement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversees the planning and maintenance of the community garden
- Develops outreach initiatives to help build connections with the community in Marpole
- Serves as the primary point of contact for community garden daily activities, maintaining communication with community members and volunteers through email, phone, and social media
- Coordinates, lead and facilitate others in leading on-site educational opportunities for community members to learn more about planting and harvesting vegetables
- Coordinates the Community Garden Committee
- Supports communications through different channels
- Supports other programs as needed, finding synergies with the community garden
- Attends staff meetings and trainings
- Other tasks as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Education and/or knowledge in agriculture, gardening or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with individuals of many demographics, different levels of abilities and age groups i.e.: seniors, youth, families, new immigrants
- Experience recruiting, supporting and engaging volunteers
- Ability to work in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Current First Aid, a copy of current immunization record & clear criminal record check upon hire required
- Cooking skills and Food Safe Certificate are strong, desirable assets
- Knowledge of a second language is preferred
- Clear criminal records search upon hire
- Monday to Friday, 4 hours per day/20 hours per week
- Start Date: September 7th, 2021
- Salary: $19.87 + $22.20 based upon experience
- Job Type: Part-time Term Position - 6 months subject to extension based on funding
The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. Our total compensation and benefits package reflect our commitment to our staff and their families.
Open until filled, interviews will be ongoing starting August 11th 2021.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Please send your cover letter and resume with the subject line “Community Garden & Outreach Programmer” in confidence to:
Or in person at:
8585 Hudson Street
Vancouver, BC V6P 4M3