Marketing and Communications Coordinator Job Posting
Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Marpole Neighborhood House (MNH) is seeking a part-time (21 hours/week) Communications and Marketing Coordinator to support MNH’s management team with the development and implementation of branding and messaging strategies, as well as information for participants regarding programs and organizations co-located at the house through our Shared Leadership model, to guarantee a seamless experience when navigating our services.
This position works collaboratively with all areas of the organization to provide communications and marketing support and ensure consistency in the organization’s messaging to diverse audiences, including internal staff and volunteers, participants and families, donors, supporters, and more. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting MNH management with communications planning, graphic design, print production, social media and website maintenance, promotional work for events, and general community navigation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist MNH management team in developing and implementing communications strategies designed to further organizational objectives
- Bring ideas and support the adjustments to communication strategies and practices
- Maintain, develop and post content for various online platforms, in coordination with relevant staff
- Perform regular website content updates and maintenance
- Support scheduling and content creation of e-newsletters each month/quarter for members, donors, board, staff and volunteers
- Support the publishing of the seasonal Program Guide
- Assist the administrative team with efforts for donor cultivation, direct mail pieces, and content for special events or grant proposals
- Track, measure, and produce reports on the success of digital communications tools via analytic
- Collaborate across departments to ensure that all events, initiatives, campaigns, and associated collateral meet necessary brand and messaging standards for consistency, accuracy, and quality
- Organize and disseminate digital assets (photos, videos, etc.) as needed
- Support with community navigation for house visitors and program participants, within MNH’s Shared Leadership model.
Skills and Qualifications:
- This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs and to be eligible, students must be:
- between 19 to 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Education and/or Knowledge in Communications, Marketing or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and website maintenance and analytics
- Experience with digital marketing tools
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in another language commonly spoken in Marpole (Mandarin, Cantonese, Tagalog, Japanese) is highly preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet; Canva and Adobe In-Design skills are an asset
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive environment.
- Knowledge and experience with anti-oppression frameworks and strength-based approaches an asset
- Demonstrated ability to engage, on a daily basis with individuals of many demographics, different levels of abilities and age groups i.e.: seniors, youth, families, new immigrants
- Ability to provide clear information and instructions to visitors and program participants
Hours: Monday to Friday, 21 hours per week, located at 8585 Hudson Street in Vancouver, BC
Start Date: Sept 13, 2021
End Date: Dec 13, 2021
Salary: $17.77 + 4% in lieu of benefits
Job Type: Part-time Term Position, with a possibility of extension subject to funding.
To Apply: The Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, with subject line “CSJ Communications and Marketing Coordinator”.
Please send your cover letter and resume in confidence to email: email@example.com.
Open until filled, interviews will be ongoing starting August 18th 2021. We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will proactively contact those selected for interviews. Please note that a criminal record check must be successfully cleared.
Marpole Neighbourhood House is located on the unceded, occupied, ancestral and traditional homelands of the xʷməθkwəyəm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) and Sə ̓ lílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil � -Waututh) Nations