Facilities Assistant Job Posting
Marpole Neighbourhood House (MNH) is currently seeking a mature and community-focussed Facilities Assistant to support the general upkeep and caretaking of the Neighbourhood House. This position will report to the Office Manager and will be an integral member of the MNH staff team. The Facilities Assistant is responsible for ensuring the overall cleanliness and upkeep of the neighbourhood house and providing support and oversight of MNH’s external renters and special events.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Sweep, mop, wash, vacuum floors and stairs
- Dust furniture and vacuum area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Clean and disinfect kitchens and bathrooms
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers, deal with recycling and ensure the property is free from debris.
- Keep track of cleaning supply inventory
- Provide support renters including locating cleaning supplies in Janitor closets. Ensure the space has been properly cleaned to our standards and rental equipment has been put back in its original location.
- Set up tables and chairs for various events
- Set up coffee and tea station
- Be on-call and respond to alarm call-outs from the monitoring company
- Perform light maintenance and minor repairs around the property such as changing light bulbs, patching up small holes on interior walls and other minor repairs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to work independently,
- Previous experience in a janitorial and/or caretaking role
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to use computers
- The ability to take initiative and an ‘all-hands in deck’ attitude is required as MNH is a start-up organization
- Reliable team player
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within the neighbourhood house
- Knowledge of the Marpole area is desired
- A criminal record search required
Opportunities Available: 1 part-time position
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Marpole Neighbourhood House 8585 Hudson Street Vancouver Schedule: 12 hours/ week (Evenings and Weekends)
Marpole Neighbourhood House is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees and the community. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required for this role prior to starting employment. For more information about Marpole Neighbourhood House, please visit www.marpolenh.org. We are also a part of the Association of Neighbourhood Houses of BC which is an equal opportunity employer. We place a high value on diversity and encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds and identities to consider applying for the position.
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply via email with the subject line “Facility Assistant” in confidence to:
Nilda Borrino, Executive Director
8585 Hudson Street Vancouver, BC, V6P 4M3
ANHBC Member Houses: Alex Neighbourhood House, Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House, Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House, Gordon Neighbourhood House, Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House, Marpole Neighbourhood House, South Vancouver Neighbourhood House, and Sasamat Outdoor Center.